Whatever your age or skill level, our online music lessons are high-quality, affordable, convenient, and easy to set up!
1. Find the Right Instructor
We employ some of the most highly-qualified and experienced teachers and performers in the state. You can find out more about each of them by visiting our instructor page.
We’ve also established a YouTube Channel where we will be uploading an introduction video like Alyson’s for each instructor so you can see them in action!
Your $25 trial lesson is a chance for your instructor to learn about your goals and help you set a pathway to reaching them!
2. Where to Find Instruments During the Quarantine
While most instrument shops in the state have closed their showrooms to the public, many of them are still able to talk to you over the phone, sell, and ship instruments to you.
- HB Woodsongs: HB Woodsongs rents and sells guitars, banjos, mandolins, band instruments, orchestra instruments, ukuleles, musical supplies, music books, and more! They will deliver locally during the Stay at Home order.
- The Boulder Piano Gallery: Call Paul to find the perfect digital or acoustic piano. They are open for business by appointment.
- Wildwood Guitars: Find a huge range of quality guitars, both acoustic and electric, at Wildwood. They offer curbside pickup or free ground shipping during this time.
- The Denver Folklore Center: Rent or buy new or used guitars, banjos, mandolins, and ukuleles through the Folklore Center! Note their new COVID-19 return policy before you buy.
- Flesher Hinton: A local music store since 1951, find a full range of instruments to rent or buy through Flesher Hinton.
- Spaceman Guitars: A local, family-run music shop specializing in all things guitar. Curbside pickup and shipping is available!
3. How to Sign Up for Lessons
Find the right lesson package for you and sign up on our website! We’ll be in touch immediately to confirm your details and finalize your trial lesson.
4. Your Student Portal
Once you’re a Rocky Ridge student, you will gain access to your student portal, a place where you can keep track of your lesson schedule, payments, practice, repertoire, and more!
5. Where to Find Sheet Music
Finding sheet music is no problem – just visit SheetMusicPlus.com. You may not even have to wait for a shipment with thousands of digital titles available!
6. Online Lesson Advice from Our Instructors
Every lesson will be different, but here are some general guidelines for online lessons:
- Figure out which video conferencing platform will work best for you.
- A phone camera will work, but beware: the screen is small, so you should make sure to turn your camera to horizontal position.
- If you’re playing an electric instrument, make sure to use an amp for the lesson so that your instructor can hear everything that is being played.
- Find a way to stabilize whatever camera you’re using so that it can capture what both your hands are doing.
- Find a quiet room of the house and an armless chair that allows you to sit up straight with good posture.
Here are some more tips, specifically for Zoom, provided by Hsing-ay Hsu, one of our amazing faculty members.
Thanks to platforms like Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp, FaceTime, and others, you and your kids can take lessons on the instrument of your choice from the comfort and safety of your own home wherever you are in the world!
We count among our faculty some of the most talented musicians in Colorado. Many of them make their living by giving lessons and performing throughout the region. Like so many others across several different industries, their professional opportunities have evaporated suddenly.
So if you or your children find yourselves with a desire to expand your horizons while supporting our musicians, we invite you to sign up for a TRIAL LESSON through Rocky Ridge Music Center. Find the silver lining during this difficult time by learning to play an instrument that will bring you many hours of fun and fulfillment!
Learn more about our instructors and lesson packages here. Questions? Email RRMC@RockyRidge.org, or call 303-449-1106.