Sounds of Hope Scholarship Fund
“This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before.” – Leonard Bernstein
When Rocky Ridge began in 1942 in the midst of World War II, Beth Miller Harrod, our founder, brought students up to the tranquility of the Rocky Mountains where they could practice in peace away from the brutality of the world around them.
In that same spirit, Rocky Ridge Music will offer several full-scholarships to musicians who have been displaced by recent violence throughout the world for our Summer 2022 programs.
Please help us achieve this goal by donating to our Sounds of Hope Scholarship Fund here.
This is a fund we’ve set up to help us achieve our goal of increasing access to music education to under-privileged musicians, encourage diverse perspectives, and foster intercultural community building
Scholarships for displaced musicians will cover all program tuition, airfare to Denver International Airport, land transportation to our campus in Estes Park, food, housing, bedding and, if necessary, instrument rental for each recipient. With this in mind, the cost to bring one student to our College Intensive: Solo + Chamber program will be approximately $7,500. The cost for one student to attend our Adult Piano Seminar will be approximately $5,000.
College Intensive: Solo + Chamber || May 31 to June 26, 2022
Adult Piano Seminar: Understanding the Solo Repertoire || August 2 to August 10, 2022
Other Ways to Donate to Ukrainians in Need
The following list of organizations was put together by a Ukrainian member of our community.
Foundation that assists with healthcare and education for children in eastern Ukraine: https://razomforukraine.org/projects/zhadan/
NGO that aids traumatized children: https://voices.org.ua/en/
NGO that assists internal refugees: https://unitedhelpukraine.org/
Ukrainians of Colorado organization plans to send containers with medical supplies within the next few days. If you’d like to donate to them directly:
- Send checks – make them out to Ukrainians of Colorado, mail them to PO BOX 150054 Lakewood, CO 80215
- Electronic: Zelle to Ukrainians of Colorado, MAKE SURE to add Ukrainians of Colorado to your contacts with this email : email@example.com
This a super site that lists these and more sites where you can donate and/or send humanitarian aid in kind:
There is also an extreme need for medical supplies. An approximate list is below. For Denverites, the collection address is below. Sometimes it happens that people end up with excess medical supplies or maybe you have connections/friends who can donate them.
WHERE TO DELIVER SUPPLIES:
14591 E Alameda Ave Aurora CO 80012 9AM TO 5 PM
Absolute priority- hemostatics:
- Tourniquet for critical bleeding (ex: САТ or СІЧ)
- Tourniquet for pelvis injury with inflatable cuffs (ex: Sam)
- Israeli bandage size 4″, 6″, 12″
- Hemostatic bandage with radiopaque lines (ex: Combat Gauze or Quikclot)
- Hemostatic sponge
- Chest seal with and without valve
- Burn dressing of various size, face and body (ex: burnshell)
- Splint for limbo (ex: Sam Splint)
- Infusions of Sodium Chloride, Ringer, HES in software pack (glass is not suitable for medical bags) + drip systems + intravenous catheters G18 or around that size.
- Intraosseous catheters (priority – chest. ex:Fast)
- IGel size 4, 5, 6 (adult)
- Nasopharyngeal pipe (middle and large size)
- Cricothyrotomy kit ( ex CricKey)
- Eye shield
- Decompression needle