Music Academy Policies
Before you begin your package of lessons, we’d like to make you aware of our academy-wide policies.
Once you sign up, we will send a copy to you for you to sign and return.
- I agree to abide by all Rocky Ridge policies. Rocky Ridge reserves the right to expel students for violations of these policies, without refund of fees paid.
- Rocky Ridge Music Academy (RRMA) has permission to use and publish still or moving video and/or audio recordings of me or my child. These images and recordings will only be used for Rocky Ridge functions, including the Rocky Ridge website, photo gallery display, or broadcast on local radiostations, as well as any other use that will serve Rocky Ridge interests. Names of students under 18 will not be posted with images/recordings unless further permission is granted.
- Total tuition includes all instruction, use of facility and staff accompanist for recitals, and admission to one Music in the Mountains faculty concert in the summer of 2020 with prior reservation. Tuition is due prior to start of lessons for each package/semester. RRMA will assess a $5 late fee for each week that the tuition payment is late.
- When it comes to weather, RRMA follows the closing guidelines set by Boulder Valley School District (for the Boulder location) and Denver Public Schools (for the Denver location). If Boulder Valley schools and/or Denver Public schools close for weather-related issues, we will follow. In the case of a weather-related cancellation, private lesson students will be notified via email and/or phone of the Music Academy’s closure; however, RRMA will not provide a make-up lesson or reimbursement.
- Should I or my child need to cancel a lesson for any reason, we must notify the office at least 24 hours prior to the start of the lesson. A student/parent who cancels a lesson in this manner is entitled to a make-up lesson (maximum of 2 per term) to be scheduled by the teacher. Should a student/parent cancel or miss a lesson without notifying the office at least 24 hours prior to the start of the lesson, no make-up lesson or reimbursement will be given. Should a teacher cancel or miss a lesson for any reason, the student/parent is entitled to a make-up lesson or a reimbursement or credit for the missed lesson if scheduling a make-up lesson poses challenges.
- I understand that RRMA does not accept any responsibility for injury to students, damage, or legal claim resulting from participation in non-Rocky Ridge sponsored or unauthorized activities. I release Rocky Ridge from any liability resulting from any such activities and I agree to assume the risk of these activities on behalf of myself and my student.
- I understand that instructors may have appropriate physical contact with students as part of their instruction of students. For example, it is common for instructors of wind instruments to place their hands on the students’ abdomens to teach them proper breathing techniques. Also, by way of example, instructors of string instruments regularly hold students’ arms or hands to teach them proper techniques with the bow, and they also have students demonstrate fingering on the instructor’s forearm to teach the students to use correct pressure on the strings. I also understand that, due to the nature of Rocky Ridge’s facilities, instructor and student regularly have private sessions where they are not observed by (and are not together with) others. I knowingly and voluntarily consent to these activities on behalf of myself and my child.
- I understand that Rocky Ridge faculty and staff are mandated by law to report suspected cases of abuse to the appropriate authorities.
- I agree that the laws of the State of Colorado shall govern this document and all other aspects of my child’s or my relationship with Rocky Ridge and its agents and employees. Further, I agree that any legal proceedings concerning any dispute with Rocky Ridge must be filed exclusively in the State of Colorado.
- On behalf of my child or myself I hereby release, waive any claim of liability, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Rocky Ridge Music Academy and its employees and agents, with respect to any claim asserted by or on behalf of my child or myself as a result of injury, illness, death, or damage occurring to my child or me while he/she/I participate in any and all of RRMA’s programs and activities. There are no physical, emotional, or mental problems or limitations associated with my child’s or my participation in RRMA’s activities, except as disclosed by me in writing to Rocky Ridge Music Academy. I agree to assume the risk of these activities on behalf of myself and/or my child.