Rocky Ridge Wants you to be a J.A.M.!
(Junior Advisory Member)
We are looking for vibrant, innovative, open-minded young people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences to be a part of our Youth Board. It is a chance for your voice to be heard, to be instrumental in composing future programs, and to help shape the future landscape of Rocky Ridge. Gain valuable hands-on leadership and non-profit experience, liaise with Rocky Ridge Board Members, and earn volunteer hours!
UPDATED: Applications due March 15 (see below for application form).
- Music lovers ages 15 and 22
- Musicians and non-musicians
- People who care about the future of arts education
- Ability to attend by Zoom
- Need not be alumni of Rocky Ridge
- Be a part of Rocky Ridge’s Youth Board, a group of young people who will meet virtually several times over the course of the year to offer perspective on what young musicians need from educational institutions like Rocky Ridge and help to deliver the best Rocky Ridge experiences
- Work with fellow board members to offer advice, recommendations, and feedback
- Report directly to the Rocky Ridge Board of Trustees
- Will be divided into three committees (each mentored by a board member) focusing on:
- social media & advertising
- learning platforms & technology
- content & curriculum
- Kick off meeting between the whole group and Melvina Carrick, Board President, in March
- Introduction to basic resources for serving on a non-profit board
- 5-6 independent committee meetings (March through December).
- *Will choose a mutually-agreeable date for Zoom meetings.
- Two interim group meetings
- End-of-year full-group presentation by J.A.M. of recommendations for Rocky Ridge.
- All meetings will be conducted virtually over Zoom