October 10, 2020 |
Join us for the first event of the 2020-2021 Virtual Masterclass Series! Can’t wait for next summer’s Adult Piano Seminar to learn from Hsing-ay Hsu? On October 10th, Steinway Artist and host of Conscious Listening™ Music Café Hsing-ay Hsu will lead a masterclass and perform a program entitled “City Solitude” live from New York!
“City Solitude”- the paradox of living in the busiest city in the world, and being utterly isolated during a global pandemic. What does that actually feel like? The past half a year of social isolation is impacting us physically and mentally, and spiritually. Through the lens of the music of Mozart, Brahms, and Rachmaninoff, we connect with the city solitude experienced by great artists in other times and places to express and contemplate our own present moment.
Hsing-ay Hsu’s masterclass is SOLD OUT for participant time slots, although you are still welcome to sign up as an auditor or purchase a Music Teacher Season Pass to sit in on the masterclass, lunchtime social, and live performance!
Any questions? Send us an email here or call Megan at 303-449-1106.
- 9:00 AM – 9:10 AM: Meet and Greet
- 9:10 AM – 11:10 AM: Masterclass (4 participants, 30 min slots)
- 11:10 AM – 12:00 PM: Optional Virtual Lunch/Social Time
- 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM: Live Performance from New York: “City Solitude” premiering from Hsing-ay’s Nutmeg Studio in South Harlem: A Trio of Mozart, Brahms, and Rachmaninoff Solo Works.
- 12:30 PM – 1 PM: Q & A, Group Discussion