Online College Level Music Program for Ages 17 to 24
Our college musicians are entering a world that has changed dramatically in the past few months. Almost overnight, and at an accelerated pace of learning, we have all had to pivot to a virtual platform for much of our activities.
We are in an uncharted period of learning and possibilities due to Covid-19. While no one knows for sure how our cultural and educational organizations will change, it is clear they will change – in fact, they already have. Our need to express ourselves through the arts and to continually improve as musicians will not change. There will always be a market for the arts to lift our spirits and to remind us of our collective humanity. However, it is a reality that profound new ways of creating and sharing art, and the economics of art will have to replace old models.
- Score study: in-depth work on chamber and orchestral scores to prepare the student for auditions and performances.
- Mock auditions
- Faculty seminars on topics of individual expertise.
- Translation of individual artistry into the digital platform, exploring pros/cons and creating new models for performance.
- Development of listening skills oriented towards a virtual platform.
- Expansion of an understanding of both audio and visual technology (hardware and software) that can enhance the musician’s readiness for new learning and performance parameters.
Envisioning the Future
- Networking with musicians from all over the world: spirited discussion and problem-solving workshops with world-wide arts leaders and thinkers to help create a thriving new arts economy.
We welcome your applications to this unique online program! Apply here! If you have any questions, please call 303-449-1106 or email us at RRMC@RockyRidge.org.
For more information: www.RockyRidge.org/yas